EXPLORING THE ART OF AUTHENTICITY
Imagine living a life of full, creative authenticity. A life that is real, deeply nurturing and sustainably joyful.
What would that be like? If you could safely and honestly express yourself, revealing who you are and what you feel, what possibilities could that create for each of us, and across society? What if we didn’t have to speak, act and think as we think our family, friends, media and society expect...and what if our authentic self expression lead to more contentment, peace, joy, love, laughter, meaningful relationships and community, built on real connections?
We would be living in a world of true authenticity.
When we’re being more authentic we feel more connected to who we are at our core. We can avoid living a divided life where our words, choices, and actions are not in line with our true selves. We can express ourselves more fully and with more confidence, personal power, delight and integrity.
"As long as we deny the existence of certain traits in ourselves, we continue to perpetuate the myth that others have something we don't possess. When we admire someone, it is an opportunity to find yet another aspect of ourselves. We have to take back our positive projections as well as our negative projections. We have to remove the plugs we've attached to others, turn them around, and plug them back into ourselves. Until we are able to retrieve our projections it is impossible for us to see our full potential and experience the totality of who we really are."
- Debbie Ford
Being authentic in life, in business, in relationships or in our art making can be a challenge for us...because it means we have to be open and truthful with who we really are, even when we're afraid or feeling less than fantastic about how we perceive ourselves or our situation, even when it means taking a perceived risk and becoming vulnerable. It means becoming conscious of our thoughts and feelings, our hopes and fears, and risking the disapproval of others when pursuing our fullest self expression, contributions, dreams and passions.
In our ART OF AUTHENTICITY teleseminars, group workshops and coaching sessions, you will be able to creatively explore what being ‘authentic’ really means and what causes you to live your life in inauthentic ways. You'll rediscover personal truths and values that will be able to guide your decisions and empower your choices moving forward. You'll be able to tap into what is real for you, because it’s when we’re real that will we take risks and go for what we truly want. Only when we’re real can we tap into the hidden power that comes with being and expressing our true selves. The ART OF AUTHENTICITY will inspire you to do just that.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN FROM YOUR ART OF AUTHENTICITY PROGRAMME?
Learning Outcomes & Benefits
Through exploring THE ART OF AUTHENTICITY you will be able to creatively discover…
* What authenticity REALLY means…to you
* How to feel more confident, more often…in your life, your business, your creativity, your relationships
* The TOP 3 obstacles to living authentically…and how to overcome them…
* How to free yourself from other people’s opinions & expectations…
* The secrets of feeling more connected to yourself & others…
* How to gain greater clarity & peace of mind about who you are, what you want and where you are going…
* How to quiet the inner critic & boldly pursue your passions…
* How to gain TRUE RESPECT from yourself, your friends, family, boss and co-workers…
* All while exploring each aspect of the course colourfully and artfully, using mind-mapping, visual journalling and guided imagery and visualisations.
ART OF AUTHENTICITY OVERVIEW
Introduction – Exploring what's Real For You Right Now through Colours, Symbols, Textures and Words
- How are you feeling?
- What's on your mind?
- What's your most secret desire (tell only yourself if you want it to remain private)
- What is working right now in your life?
- What is not working right now in your world?
- Activity - Sharing general definitions
- Activity - Journal and mind-map to explore how you define authenticity for yourself and what it means to you
- What Do you Intend to Achieve through Participating in the Art of Authenticity
- Introductory Activity: “Authentic Perspectives” through a colourful mind mapping process
- We'll examine the multitude of reasons why people find it risky to let others see and experience who they really are.
Part 1 – Authenticity and You
- Activity: “The Waterline”
- We'll consider aspects of authenticity through the use of a helpful metaphor and easy drawing/writing/self expression exercise.
Part 2 – What Causes Us to Lives Our Lives in Inauthentic Ways?
- Activity #1: “Mini knowledge share”
- You'll be able to take notes during a short talk and then teach back what you have just learned.
- Activity #2: “You should…”
- You'll have an opportunity to examine how what others say influences us to be less authentic, and to unplug your projections from others and reconnect them into yourself, reclaiming your own authority and free choice
Part 3 – What inauthenticity does and how it sabotages the Law of Attraction Process
- Activity: Sabotaging the Law of Attraction Process Mini Knowledge Share
- You'll be able to listen to a short presentation on what will sabotage the Law of Attraction process. You'll then identify which of the blockages presented is likely to be a challenge for you when using the Law of Attraction and how inauthenticity plays a role in your success in life.
Part 4 – How to Identify Your and Other's Persona vs. True Nature and Character
- Activity #1: “Persona vs. Character”
- You'll be able to explore the difference between their public persona and your true character.
- Activity #2: “The Mask I Wear”
- You'll have a chance to identify the persona you wear in public and what that persona may be hiding.
- Application – Becoming More Real
- Activity #3: “Becoming More Real”
- You'll be able to distinguish between the times you feel most and least authentic and the subsequent behavior that results from each, empowering yourself to feel and be more authentic every day going forward.
Part 5 – Stepping into Your Powerful State of Being Authentic
- Activity: Authenticity visualisation using guided and internally generated imagery
- This tool will enable you to tap into your most grounded, centred and personally powerful state of being fully authentic and can be used as often as you need it after the programme ends. It's yours to keep and apply until the state of being authentic is something you experience all the time, and is always available to you to "top up" your wellspring of being the real, amazing you that you are, anytime you like.
Four hour LIVE Workshop:
Four MONTH ONLINE Course:
Four MONTH ONLINE Course PLUS ONLINE Coaching 2x month:
Four MONTH ONLINE Course PLUS ONLINE Coaching 2x month PLUS IN-PERSON SKYPE Coaching 2x month:
All options include:
- lifetime access to the online Success Community
- peer group support and
- occasional group coaching
- training materials (downloadable for the online options, printed for the LIVE workshop).
Copyright © 2013 Michelle Jacobs and Action Innovation T/A Creativity Gym. All Rights Reserved.